Friday, July 04, 2008

MEP Class Rating Added

On my last post I had completed a couple of hours training towards re-validating my long expired multi engine aircraft rating. Well a lot has happened since May and I have now completed my rating on the Aztec and gone on to qualify in the Diamond Twin Star.

I passed my multi flight test on May 14th in the Aztec and then after a couple of flights in the Twin Star got signed off on May 29th. Since then I have logged about 8 hours in the Twin Star and I am enjoying it very much. It is a great little aircraft and I can't find much to critisize about it except that the control stick makes it a little awkward to get in and out of and there is no room for a kneeboard on which to write clearances etc. Other than that it is terrific!

I have taken the DA42 to Mona on Anglesey, Carlisle, Bristol, Wolverhampton and Sleap airfields. All good experience on actual operational sorties rather than just flying around for an hour or so. My next booking is to do some instrument flying and emergency proceduress with my instuctor just to consolidate my flying so far.