Friday, September 05, 2008

More Multi Engine Flying

On my last update I was hoping to get my IMC rating endorsed to fly multi engine in instrument conditions, but for various reasons it got delayed.

So it was back to flying the Arrow for a couple of hours on a flight out to Southport and one flying back from Caernarfon on a trip I shared with Steve (who is still waiting to checkout on the Twinstar).

I had booked more time in the Twinstar for the weekend at the end of July but was getting a little tired of driving up to Blackpool. So why not fly up in the Arrow, fly the twinstar and fly home in the Arrow again? Good plan!

On the Friday I took the Arrow into the air and made a direct track to Blackpool only to be thwarted by Warton ATC and asked to route to the East of Preston which was NOT what I wanted. However I did as requested and landed and parked up at Blackpool. I then took the Twinstar up to Morecambe bay for a play around and had some fun. The weather had turned as I returned to Blackpool and I went through some "interesting" turbulence before I had to break off an approach to runway 13 and reposition to 28 due to a huge wind change as the storm approached. Safely on the ground I waiting for the weather to clear through and then headed back to Barton in the Arrow. A tiring but good day's flying.

The following day I again flew into Blackpool before taking the Twinstar to Caernarfon to meet Steve who had flown over in his helicopter. We had some food and drink and as he headed off to Barton I returned to Blackpool and then on to Barton. Two great days spent flying!










Twinstar and Arrow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home